Sunday, August 3, 2008

New Site Banner

    Okay, hopefully you've noticed the new site banner. I finally got sick and tired of looking at that hideous default banner, so I loaded up Photoshop and went to work, the result of which you can see above.

    It's something I've been meaning to do for awhile, though I never really had any design in mind. Usually I load Photoshop with a clear idea of what I want to execute, and considering that this time I had next to nothing, I'm really happy with the way it turned out. Definitely an evolutionary process; I wish I had saved some of the iterations to show off. Some were awesome; some were really, really atrocious.

    A good thing about the design on this one is that the color can really easily be switched, so once I get tired of this color, I can swap it out on a whim. The only problem with it is that now I really want to switch the blog to black, but the way Blogger is set up, I'm not sure I'll be able to get it exactly the way I'm envisioning, so who knows what the future holds?

[UPDATE: Just messed around to see what it would look like in black, and it's not worth it. Yeah, the new banner looks great in it, but everything else becomes so generic. Totally not worth it; keeping what I have now.]

    Now that that's done, it's back to playing PixelJunk Eden for me.

1 comment: